implementing your ideas
Each experience is unique and tailored
Our team specializes in write once deploy anywhere technology. The advantages of write once technologies are obvious.
To achieve our mobile application development strategy, we offer two options.
Read more about Xamarin: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/get-started/what-is-xamarin
The power of Xamarin
Xamarin enables developers to share an average of 90% of their application across platforms. The difference between Xamarin and Hybrid is that Xamarin compiles the application into the native language. This drastically lessens the UX impact and performance penalties while allowing the UI to be customized for each platform achieving greater comfortability when needed.
- Native performance / Native apps / Native UI
- Sharing 90% of code across platforms reduces the development life cycle
- Sharing code means less duplicate code prone to mistakes and differences
- Reduced cost and maintenance
- Best performance vs other cross-platform technologies
- Backed by Microsoft
- OS support lag – As platforms release updates and new features, the updates to the library of components can have some lag preventing those features from being implemented as fast as a native application. This is greatly reduced by the dedicated team at Xamarin backed by Microsoft.
- Minimal development team – A small development team can potentially be assembled to quickly produce simple applications for multiple platforms.
- Faster development cycle – Since the code is shared between platforms, the application can get to market faster.
- UX impact – The downside of a single code base is that the one-size-fits-all approach to UI design does not allow customizations so that the UI feels standard to the users of all platforms.
- OS support lag – As platforms release updates and new features, the updates to the library of components can have some lag preventing those features from being implemented as fast as a native application.
When to go native
Native development is still a great choice especially for heavy UI applications where sharing business logic is less prominent. The reason our team does not embrace this strategy is simply that we have found very few use cases where Xamarin is not the better option. When factoring in all the variables including significantly reduced cost of development and maintenance it always comes out on top. Because of this, our team has focused our expertise on the Xamarin platform so that we can deliver those applications to the top of our ability.
Reach out to our experts today to receive a free consultation and see the advantages for your organization.